Monday, November 23, 2015

My New Best Friends

Hello People,
   I am starting to get into the groove of things. I am starting to get to know my way around town. It is fun to get to know some of the regulars in town. There is the pigeon-man who can control the birds with his mind. He is very nice, but a little scary. There are also some street performers who are also friendly to chat with. Sometimes there is a group of born-agains that hate us and yell at us, but it is always fun to walk by them. Galway is home to the largest festival in Ireland. It is the Christmas market and it is open already. Its is very beautiful with all the lights and the rides. We are going tonight for P-Day. The past few days we have had great weather, but it has been cold. In the morning before we bike out I feel like i'm going biking in Antarctica with all of our jackets and stuff. On Saturday we had an all Ireland missionary conference. All the missionaries currently serving in Ireland met in Dublin to hear Elder Ballard speak! We got to shake his hand and speak to him. We listened to him speak to us and we got to ask him questions. It was an amazing experience. We are teaching an investigator who is progressing towards baptism. This small light of success is definitely motivating us to work even harder. 
   I'm starting to get used to all the small things in our flat. The water heater is working, so we can now do laundry correctly. The place that I study is probably my favorite part. I have a view of the city and a couple of houses. The house down the hill has a few cows that roam around the yard. They are now my best friends. I saw this small cafe that for some reason I really thought was unique. I hope everyone is doing great and having a great holiday season!

Elder Scholz
Kai's Café!
 
New Best Friends
Even the graffiti is pretty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment