Monday, July 4, 2016

On To the Big Leagues!

July 4, 2016


Hey Mama,

I am moving to Glasgow. Right in the city center, I am on special assignment as a YSA missionary. I will be working with YSA. I am really excited to see the biggest city in the mission. I am also a little sad to leave this little town of Greenock. I will miss the branch and the people. But, I am not going too far from here, so they said they might come see me in Glasgow. I am going to miss being next the the coast, but I will like being in a bustling city again. My companion is named Elder Parson, he is from England. I have heard good things about him. I am also sad that I am not with my fellow Californian, but Things will be good.  

Also there is a five guys in Glasgow!
Elder Scholz


June 27, 2016


Hey Mama,
I have heard a lot of passionate Scotsmen talk about the vote and there is a lot of big changes happening, but I dont know what it means for us. I have not heard a lot about it from the mission home. 
  The weather has actually been pretty nice, but on Saturday we went to Dunoon and the weather is really nice and sunny. I was wearing my short sleeved shirt. As we were taking the ferry back into Greenock we could see that Greenock was completly being destroyed with rain. We were going streight into the storm. We got off the boat and into was raining harder than I have ever seen in my entire life. It was not even raindrops it was like full sheets of water. Of course I was in my short sleeved shirt. We had like a 45 minute walk back to our flat because no transportation was running because of the rain. 
   We ended up calling our mission leader and got a lift from him, haha. You never know with Scotland weather.
  We have our moves call next Sunday and I hope I dont get moved, this area needs us for a little longer. I don't want to leave yet and Elder Flynn and I are doing really great here. 
It is so good to hear about Nelson and Charlie! I can't wait to see them again.
Have a great week

Elder Scholz

No comments:

Post a Comment